BASIC HOSE CONSTRUCTION [Jul 01,2016]
Most hoses are made up of three components: (1) Tube, (2) Reinforcement, (3) Cover. Each of these components is usually adhered to the adjacent components by bonding agents or thin layers of specially compounded rubber.
- A flexible conduit consisting of a tube, reinforcement, and an outer cover.
- The innermost element made of rubber or plastic, or a combination of both.
- The tube must be resistant to the material it is intended to convey.
- Textile, plastic or metal reinforcement, alone or combined, built into the body of the hose.
- The primary function is to withstand internal pressures and external forces.
- The outer element made of rubber, plastic, metal or textile materials.
- The primary function of the cover is to protect the reinforcement from damage and the environment.
[ Back to the List ]