- A flexible conduit consisting of a tube, reinforcement, and an outer cover.
- The innermost element made of rubber or plastic, or a combination of both.
- The tube must be resistant to the material it is intended to convey.
- Textile, plastic or metal reinforcement, alone or combined, built into the body of the hose.
- The primary function is to withstand internal pressures and external forces.
- The outer element made of rubber, plastic, metal or textile materials.
- The primary function of the cover is to protect the reinforcement from damage and the environment.